Document Type : Research Paper
National Institute of Agronomic Research of Algeria (INRAA)
Department of Commerce, Faculty of Economics and Business and Management / University of Kasdi Merbah - Ouargla, Algeria.
University of Mohamed Kheider, Biskra Algeria
This study focuses on the characterization and functioning of the oasis agricultural systemin in the upper part of the Oued Righ valley in southeastern Algeria. It aims to determine, through surveys, the determining elements of production systems, their evolution constraints and to understand their evolution dynamics. The results obtained, according to the cropping system criterion, enabled us to identify and characterize four types of agricultural production systems : (P1) Date palm system-associated crops-breeding, it is the most present system and which presents a certain profitability and a better dynamism. (P2) Date palm system associated with crops, (P3) Date palm system associated with marginal breeding but which remains a relatively profitable activity, and (P4) production system practicing only date palms which is characterized by a stagnation and very reduced agricultural activity being limited to a few cropping operations.
- BENCHERIF C., 2008- Touggourt or the dynamics of a city with seven ksours. Science and Technology Journal, # 28 : 9-18.
- PERENNES JJ., 1979- Agrarian structures and decolonization, the oases of Oued-Righ (Algeria). Review of the Muslim West and the Mediterranean, n ° 30 / 146-149.
- Bouammar B., 2010. Agricultural development in the Saharan regions. Case study of the region of ouargla and the region of Biskra. Doctoral thesis, Kasdi Merbah University of Ouargla. 296p. google.fr: Algerian map and towns. https://doi.org/10.22453/lsj-020.3.380-390
- BALLAIS JL., 2010- From mythical wadis to artificial rivers : the hydrography of the Algerian Bas-Sahara. Physio-geo. Vol 4. Pp 107-127. https://doi.org/10.4000/physio-geo.1173.
- , 2011. Ouargla Agricultural Services Directorate, statistics department.
- MERROUCHI L and BOUAMMAR B., 2015- The functioning of the date industry in the Touggourt South-East Algerian region. The researcher's review, n ° 15, Univ Kasdi Merbah of Ouargla : 201-211.
- , 2008- General Census of Population and Housing.
- REBOUL C., 1976- Mode of production and system of cultivation and breeding. Rural Economy, 112. March-April 1976 :55-65.
- MERROUCHI L., 2009- Characterization of an Oasis agro-system, evolution and development perspectives. Case of the Oued-Righ valley. Univ Kasdi Merbah of Ouargla, Magister's thesis, 86p.
- BEDRANI S and BENZIOUCHE SE., 2000- Study of the date industry. Case of Djamaa and Mghair dairate. In proceedings of the Arab scientific congress, El-oued (Algeria) : 383- 417.
- ACOURENE S, ALLAM A, TALEB B, TAMA M., 2007- Inventory of the different cultivars of date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L) in the regions of Oued-Righ and Oued-Souf (Algeria). Revue Secheresse, vol18, n ° 2, 2007. Pp 135-142. https://doi.org/10.46909/cerce-2020-007
- BENZIOUCHE SE and CHERIET F., 2012- Structure and constraints of the date industry in Algeria. New Medit 11 (4) : 49-57.
- DJERBI M., 1992- Precise of phoéniciculture. F.A.O.Rome, 191p.
- PEYRON G., 2000- Cultivate the date palm. Illustrated training guide, edQuae, 110 p.
- BENZIOUCHE SE and CHEHAT F., 2010- The management of the date palm in the palm groves of Ziban (Algeria), some elements of analysis. European Journal of scientific research (EJSR), n ° 42 : 644-660.