Keywords : Free Iron Oxides
Al-Qadisiyah Journal For Agriculture Sciences,
2016, Volume 6, Issue 2, Pages 187-200
Seven soils sites (Afak Vertic-Torrifluvent , Al-Diwaniyah Typic-Torrifluvent , Al-Taleea Typic-Torrifluvent , Babel Vertic-Torrifluvent , College of Agriculture Typic-Torrifluvent , Al-Wahda Vertic-Torrifluvent and Al-Raid project Typic-Torrifluvent) were chosen to study some mineralogical properties of hard and friable parts of cracking mass the results showed :
- The x-ray diffractions showed in the clay minerals were arrangement as :
Smectite Illite chlorite kaolinite
In all soils except (Afak and Al-Diwaniyah) soils were an arranged as follows :
Smectitice Chlorite Illite Kaolinite .
- The x-ray diffractions found the chlorite mineral in all soils was swelling chlorite and that leads to increase of soil plasticity and an increased of swelling and shrinkage of soils by drying and wetting processes.
- The ratio of SM / Ch , SM/ IL , SM / R2O3 were decreased in the mineral composition in hard parts of cracking mass in all soils because of they differ in the mineral percent in clay fraction (fine and coarse).
- The hardness of hard parts of cracking mass is because of the increasing of Illite mineral in their content .
- The total and crystalline free iron oxides were increased in hard parts of cracking mass in all soils studied.